Sunday, December 30, 2007

Ive found my nitche.

Ive realized what my style is kind of and what Id like to to develop more into. Updated Hippie, no, not hipster. Yes, there is a difference. Hipsters try too hard to be "hip." Hipsters don't wash their hair (I have an obsession with having clean hair.) Hipsters pay way too much money on "vintage" accessories and/or "vintage" clothes. I inherit pieces, I thrift for authentic pieces, or work and abuse my clothes into the good ol worn to the bone look. Hipsters pay way way too much money for worn clothing. I do not smoke nor do I plan to. and of course, the biggest of all, I wear a bra. Yes, a bra. To those Hipsters out there its that thing that you wear under shirt to hold up your goods so the world doesn't have to know when you're cold.

O how I love the tie-dye, the leather thongs, the want for peace and love in this world.

The updated was added for a reason, as we all know hippies are notorious for going without showers, not clipping their toe nails and not smelling nice. Well, sadly my dears I have an obsession with clean hair and for the most part body, an obsession with smelling good at all times and a slight obsession to not having overgrown toe nails. While I love their style I do not always love hippies inability to become clean and to groom themselves at the very least of every once and awhile.

I feel it suits me it suits my personality which I think is overall chill with the occasional (and sometimes not so occasional) burst of happiness, cheer or of course and fear. (see that, see how I rhymed, its pretty great.) It also suits my current style which is quite laid back, chock full of tie-dye in which my love knows no bounds and full of beat up clothes because I am hell on clothes. My jeans rarely last me a year, its sad. I'm also hoping it will help my mood. Lately Ive slipped into a rather crabby and down mood, I don't like that. I'm trying to be happier even when it seems the sun will not rise again (im a little emo on some parts inside) I'm hoping the tie-dyes gorgeous colors can help brighten me up. Wish my luck.


So, this is what you got yourself into, you wanted a fashion blog, this is what you get. You're a God if you actually managed to read all of that and not have your head explode. And if you didn't, I will give you a super duper de-duper cupcake. No joke.

4 comments:

Stararah said...

I read it!

I have an obsession with clean hair, too. Mainly because my hair turns into dreadlocks if I go a day without washing it.

Wendy said...

I read it too! I liked your description of the hipsters, since I didn't quite know what they were before. And good luck with exploring the Hippie style.

I'd love to exchange links with you!

Bee said...

Haha, youre cupcake is on the way Sarah.

It may not be a completely accurate discription but I think I got close. And thanks Wendy. :)

Bee said...

For Sarah!
http://i18.tinypic.com/820ttux.jpg

For Wendy!
http://i1.tinypic.com/7yqcn5w.jpg

Told you I would...